No. Seriously! Don’t be shy. Jump into it and splash yourself around.
But there’s the whole world out there telling you that you aren’t good enough. You just aren’t enough.
The friends that are making more money than you, the colleagues who seem to have it all- the money, the family, the kids and the support system, the younger colleagues- who don’t have a care in the world and then there’s you.
You are basically thinking about-
- Switching jobs
- Jumping into a new role
- Tinder or Hinge or Hook or whatever it is these days
- Switching exercise regimes
What you are really doing is-
- Playing driver to your parents over the weekend
- Getting over the last love
- Fighting the urge to watch NetFlix while the latest Adam Grant/ Malcolm Gladwell lies unread
You know what- it’s ok.
In between driving your parents around, looking at old photos and (not) watching NetFlix, you are-
- Indulging in self- love (though unintentionally or subconsciously)
- Learning that there are some great action movies on NetFlix, maybe falling in love with Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez
- Learning that Brits do have a really sexy accent (think Keira Knightley, Hugh Grant)
- Expanding your book collection and finding out just how much is there in the world that you don’t know yet
- Spending time with Mom Dad
For times long after these days have passed, they will not come back. Indulge yourself now. Don’t feel pressured; everybody is on their own journey.
Jump into this self-love.